Sarah was awarded a commission from the Royal Philharmonic Society and IdeasTap through their Sound:Vision project, to collaborate with film-maker Christopher Lutterodt-Quarcoo to create a film based on her chamber music Shadow Play, a piece Sarah wrote for Daniel’s Beard in 2013 through the Scottish Music Centre’s Composition Marathon 2013.
The RPS joined forces with Arts charity IdeasTap to offer five young filmmakers and five composers the chance to create their own short film/music collaborations. Each pair of young artists were brought together by the RPS and IdeasTap and awarded £1000 to bring their creative visions to fruition.
Palimpsest, alongside all other final films were premiered at the British Film Institute, London in January 2015.
Since its premiere, Palimpsest has been shown at the following film festivals:
* British Film Institute, London: BFI Raw 2.0 (June 2015)
* Electrowerkz, London – Shortsighted Cinema ‘The Shortest Nights’ UK Short Film Tour, ‘With or Without You’ (June 2015)
* Fieldview Festival, UK (August 2015)
* Wilderness Festival, UK (August 2015)
* Bronx Museum, New York (Mosaic Literary Conference, Sept.2015)
* Vault Film Festival, London (February 2016)
* Palimpsest (dir. Christopher Lutterodt-Quarcoo, 2014/15)
* Shadow Play – chamber ensemble (2013/14)